Magic mouse stutters

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sneeden, Jan 29, 2011.

1. sneeden macrumors newbie

I am running Win7 x64. I have installed the correct driver. The mouse connects and responds with gestures and everything. Good to go!

Wrong.... Every now and then the mouse will freeze in place and become unresponsive for say, 1 - 5 seconds. This is quite frustrating. I love that mouse. I use it at work all day on my iMac. I want it to work at home just the same.

Anyone else have this problem? I can't seem to dig anything up on the net.

One last thought, I'm using a bluetooth USB dongle. It's pretty old... but if it connects, I would expect that it work fine always, ya know? I have no other bluetooth devices to test the dongle either.

2. temiller macrumors member

I've been having the same problem. I've had the mouse for only a few weeks and its quite annoying. I'm thinking about exchanging mine for a new one to see if its just my mouse. Occasionally I can't even scroll with it.

3. BigRedOne macrumors regular

This has happen to me twice with the second time being today. I found a dog hair (I know the dog) on the led and it apparently was blocking a little of the view, which would lose the signal to the computer.

The first time it happened to me was a few months back and I found some lint between the hole and the led. Don't now if this is the same problem your experiencing, but I suggest pulling your cover and just to make sure the LED is clear of any obstruction. Hope this helped.