Magic Mouse touch feature broken. any fixes?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pixeltarian, Mar 26, 2015.

1. pixeltarian macrumors member

My magic mouse no longer responds to touch. I can move the cursor around and left click, but nothing that requires the touch surface. I do remember dropping it from the desk to the floor, but I'm not sure if that's when it went out because I had been using the magic trackpad for a while before going back to the mouse.

I have tried all the usual things like removing and adding it as a device and rebooting.

Has anyone seen any articles about this or know of any way to try and address this issue?

2. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

Seems pretty obvious to me that you've broken your mouse. Buy another one? :)

3. andreyirra macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me. I formatted my Mac to no avail and then suddenly next day it wa working again. I even posted here but nobody responded.

Until this day I don't know what happened but the behavior was exactly the same as yours.

4. pixeltarian thread starter macrumors member

It was the ribbon that attaches to the touch surface from the circuit board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK3RFd6EBp8

ANYONE who attempts to repair it - be very careful when popping out the glide rails and very careful when putting them back in. You may need to clean them off and snip them a teeny tiny bit with a nail clippers. I kind of messed mine up and they won't go back in quite right. It's usable but not ideal. I have to believe glide rails are get-able form the apple repair department or something...