Magic Mouse - Touch/Gestures Won't Work

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bobbydd21, Aug 1, 2013.

1. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

I recently got a new magic mouse and have been trying to use it with my rMBP 15". It seemed to work properly when I first got it. However, the touch and gesture parts of the mouse are now not working properly. Sometimes the middle/back of the mouse works when trying to scroll and switch pages. However, most of the time the front part of the mouse is dead. It clicks and everything, but will not scroll or do any gestures. I have previously installed MagicPrefs and BetterTouchTool, but neither of them helped the issue. I have been reading about possible fixes and have tried them all. This includes deleting the multitouch mouse plist, deleting the bluetooth plist, resetting the smc, restarting the computer multiple times, turning off bluetooth, turning off the mouse, removing the batteries, and combinations of all of the above. Any ideas of what else I can do to try and fix this? Thank you!

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Sounds like you've done all the troubleshooting I would try. The sensor's failed/failing. The MM has a 1-year warranty, take it to an Apple Retail Store or call 1–800-APL-CARE to arrange for warranty service.