Magic Mouse Tracking Speed "Momentum"?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SamIchi, Sep 30, 2010.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I know there's been a problem with tracking speed, and MagicPrefs takes care of that, but is there a way to change the momentum (I don't know if that's the proper term) tracking, I'm not talking about scrolling.

The magic mouse somehow takes into account the velocity? Like if you move it the same distance on your desk, depending on how fast you did that action, the mouse arrow moves a farther distance. Does that make sense? I don't want that. I don't know if you can change that, but my old mouse worked the other way, where if you moved a certain distance on the desk, the mouse arrow would travel the same distance, no matter what speed you move your physical mouse mouse at.

Any one have any ideas or know what I'm talking about? Other than that, I like the magic mouse, otherwise I think I might just switch back.

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I know what you're talking about, but I've never heard of anything that can change this. I think it's just the way the mouse works. You get used to it over a few days of usage though and it you don't think about it anymore.