Magic Mouse-Tracking Speed

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by markw10, Nov 18, 2009.

1. markw10 macrumors 6502

I have the latest 10.6.2 update but have a question about the tracking speed for the Magic Mouse.
    I am happy with the Magic Mouse but the tracking is slower than other mice I'm used to. I have put the tracking at the maximum speed and slower tracking is nice for sometimes clicking just where I need to but when I'm going from one side of the screen to the other it's hard. I also am using it on a mousepad. I know it's not required but seems more comfortable but the mouse goes off the end of the mouse pad when I go across the screen.
    Is there any possible way to make the tracking faster? I hope with a future update maybe Apple will make this possible if it's not now.

2. ventro macrumors 6502a

3. Greenman85 macrumors regular

nm

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I appreciate all of these great hacks / add-ons, but I really hope that Apple just lets us crank up the sensitivity / tracking speed a couple notches in a new software update. That's the one thing keeping me from buying.

5. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

+1

It's on my Christmas list, but if Apple doesn't release their own fix, I may avoid it.

6. brisbaneguy29 macrumors 6502

brisbaneguy29

I got my new iMac 27" and I was also pretty annoyed at the mouse tracking. I installed the Better Touch Tool, and it fixed my problems. Great little app.