Magic Mouse turning it off

alexk82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
East Coast
I tried googling this right after I bought my new iMac (on black friday). There is a little switch at the bottom of the magic mouse for turning it on/off. My question is every time I turn off my computer should I switch the button to the off position? Is there any benefit from leaving it on/off?

Gabrao

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2009
I believe you don't have to turn it off every night or whenever you turn your computer off as it puts itself to sleep and manager that very well.

I don't yet own the magic mouse as it will arrive with my new imac, but i've read somewhere on french forums that there is no need to turn it off.

dave92029

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2008
When I put my iMac to sleep

I also put a little blanket, a sock, over the Magic Mouse so it doesn't get cold at night. :rolleyes:

It appears that the Mouse and Keyboard both go to sleep with the iMac, and a gentle touch to either immediately wakes up the iMac. I'm surprised at how fast the iMac comes out of sleep mode and is ready go. :D

I'm really enjoying both the Mouse and keyboard. I find the Magic Mouse is like having a Touch Pad for my desktop. :cool::cool::cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.