Magic Mouse utilities

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maflynn, Mar 15, 2010.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Hey, can anyone steer me in the right direction for some decent magic mouse utilities. I was at the apple store this past weekend, buying a Mini for my kids and we were talking about the magic mouse. The sales dude mentioned some utility that provides 4 finger swipe (and may increase the tracking resolution,i.e., more precise) but I for the life of me cannot remember the program.

I tried searching, and googling but nothing is really doing what he mentioned.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Magic Prefs and BetterTouchTool.

And don't use Google, use MRoogle. ;)

3. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Looks like MagicPref is the one he was talking about.

4. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Just FYI, MagicPrefs and BetterTouchTool both do nearly the same thing. I think MagicPrefs has a slightly better GUI and I like the way it integrates with OS X a bit better than BTT, but you might want to try both to see which you prefer. (I also know that the BTT developer did and maybe still does read these boards occasionally, and he [?] is normally fairly responsive to people's concerns.)

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

BetterTouchTool offers more options though, even for the multi-touch trackpad.

But it may be a little bit unstable with some Macs, as my old Alu iMac (2007) with Mac OS X 10.6.2 does frell up after a while, the Mouse gets unresponsive, even a wired mouse doesn't work. Only a log out does remedy the situation, but I haven't tried the newer versions of BetterTouchTool yet, so it might have been solved already.

6. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'll both a try and see which one suits my needs the best.