Magic mouse vs magic trackpad

Discussion in 'iMac' started by cavi, Oct 6, 2010.

1. cavi macrumors regular

cavi

Hi!, I don't know if the trackpad will be a good buy.
    what do you think?
    The 5 fingers are always in the air and it's seems to be not comfort.

those that have the trackpad, what you think on it?

Thanks!

2. Colonel-Panic macrumors newbie

I bought the Magic Mouse when it came out and I loved it and it is a fantastic mouse... However, I bought the Magic Trackpad when it came out and my Magic Mouse has been sitting on the shelf with no batteries in it since the trackpad arrived. It did take a few days for me to stop reaching for the mouse and to get used to the various multi-touch gestures but I love it. I'm not saying that it is the perfect solution for everyone because you ultimately need to decide that for yourself but it is a wonderful peripheral and definitely CAN be a complete mouse replacement.

3. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

it depends what you use it for. for general applications, they are equal replacements. for some that use a lot of pinch and zoom, the trackpad suits them. for some games, i think the mouse is much more effective than the trackpad.

4. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

I use both. I got the magic mouse when it came out, so I could use my macbook when it was sitting on a stand at eye level, but I always found myself reaching for the trackpad anyway. Now with the magic trackpad and the magic mouse, I can comfortably have my macbook pro on a stand with an external monitor and do all of the gestures I am used to :D
    However, if you are not a macbook user, and have never used a trackpad, you will probably not miss what you have never had, and I would say that the magic mouse would probably be enough.

5. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

I use the Magic Trackpad more than the Magic Mouse. For everyday web browsing and stuff, I find the Magic Trackpad more comfortable because it is stationary on the desk. The Magic Trackpad is easier on your shoulder and elbow if you use your computer for a long duration.

Obviously the Magic Trackpad is useless for gaming so if you can only get one of the two and your a gamer, get the Magic Mouse. Free preference panes, such as MagicPrefs, can add much multitouch functionality to the Magic Mouse.

6. citizenal macrumors regular

I have a magic mouse but it's too small for my hands. Using the two finger back is hard to do for me. Purchasing the trackpad has solved these problems for me. Now I use a logitech anywhere mx mouse and trackpad and couldn't be happier.

7. wilflare macrumors member

makes me regret my magic mouse purchase with the macbookpro more and more...

8. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Maybe in os 10.7 we will be able to use both at the time and manipulate objects and data in ways that are presently unimaginable.

Like curently using a mouse and a keyboard at the same time in games.....

That would be awesome..... They are Magic after all. :)

9. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

You can currently use both over bluetooth at the same time, it's just like trying to use 2 mice at the same time :p

10. 87vert macrumors 6502

87vert

I have 2 magic mice and I want a trackpad but if I like it I will need to by two (one for my desk at work and one for home) lol.

I had my wife try it at the Apple Store and she didn't like it so I may just get one for work and not worry about home.

11. cavi thread starter macrumors regular

cavi

Hi friends!
    thanks for your answers, I just came back from Apple store with new magic trackpad.. =]
    I have macBook Pro so I not need so much time to get use to it but for now it's seems that with the magic mouse I working faster (maybe I need some time to get use to it).

But the bottom line is that I love it! I think that I will also keep my magic mouse for Photoshop and other stuff... =]

12. Spike88 macrumors 6502a

I have the wireless mouse and new wireless trackpad. Bought them both - with my new iMac. After using each, my family members use only the mouse. They no longer use the trackpad - because they are more comfortable with the wireless mouse. Perhaps one day in the future, I will sell our `unused` TrackPad. Only time will tell...

Hope this helps in your research...

13. fivenotrump macrumors regular

I use both, at different times and according to mood

14. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

not according to the task you are doing?

15. cavi thread starter macrumors regular

cavi

Why your family don't like it?
    It's really hard for me to decide what I prefer...=]