Magic Mouse vs. Magic Trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ucfgrad93, Nov 26, 2010.

1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm looking to get either a Magic Mouse or the Magic trackpad to use with my iMac. Do they both work with Windows? My wife uses Windows Vista on bootcamp for work. Also, I do play some games, nothing heavy duty.

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be helpful, especially concerning the magic trackpad as my experience with it is approximately 10 minutes at my local Apple store.

2. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

If your are caught between the two think, do I want my computer to act like a laptop or do I want speed with a real mouse? I personally think that the trackpad is a waste, sure it is cool having those features if you are a desktop user, but if you need a good mouse that will get work done faster and is a lot easier to use, go for the Magic Mouse. I have one right now hooked up to my MacBook Pro. If you are looking to save a little money go ahead and get a wireless mighty mouse unless you are set on the multi-touch features. Also I don't think that most if any of the gestures from the TrackPad would work on a windows machine. Maybe Apple has some drivers, but I think it would just act like a normal flat mouse.