Magic Mouse vs. Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Giuly, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Hi,
    I currently own a corded Mighty Mouse, but the whole monthly cleaning is not really my thing.

I wondered whether the Magic Mouse properly detects the right-click when I leave my finger on the left by analyzing the pressure applied, or do I have to lift my finger and still left-click 1/10th the time while trying to right click?

2. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

You still have to lift your finger.

3. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

it works great, definitely go for the magic mouse

4. MartiNZ macrumors 65816

MartiNZ

Indeed, it works the same but the magic needs more cleaning than the mighty ever did. The plastic 'tracks' on the bottom get covered in dust and what-have-you in very quick time, and are also highly sensitive to even the most minute debris on your mousing surface. With that plus the erratic and sensitive scrolling, I would rather have the mighty any day.

5. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Forget the pain what's called 'Mighty Mouse' and either try to test a Magic Mouse or just buy a third party one. Mice aren't traditionally the most popular Apple products but fortunately, you can buy a decent mouse for a a song if you go elsewhere.

Have you thought about testing the Magic Trackpad?

6. Black.Infinity macrumors 6502

Black.Infinity

Go try both at apple store track pads on mbp are awesome plus these track pads are bigger

7. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

mighty mouse hurt my hand, the scroll wheel made me cringe and it just felt uber awkward

the magic mouse at first felt awkward but oncE I got used to it, I couldn't let it go. It feels awesome..

When i'm at home I just use my razer deathadder since it's plugged into my monitor but when i'm at school or somewhere else, i wouldn't use anything other than the magic mouse.