Magic Mouse vs. wireless internet connection

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Oktober, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Oktober macrumors regular

Yesterday I purchased a magic mouse and paired it with my iMac running SL and that was fine. Then my iMac decided to keep loosing its connection with our wireless router - Linksys by Cisco WAG160N - and again today it has been doing it again, but more often. So I have resorted back to my mighty mouse (wired) and so far *touches wood* it has been fine.

What could be the problem? Surely a bluetooth pairing can't possibly interfere with a wireless internet connection, can it?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Did you try changing channels on your WiFi router. I use the magic mouse on my MacBook and have no issues at all.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Isn't the MM BT? If so, does it really interfere with the wifi signal? Either way, I'd change channels.

4. Oktober thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the idea. I have changed the channel twice and so far so good. A bit of trial and error is required.

5. mstrze macrumors 68000

Well if it's loosing the connection you may want to tighten it.

...sry...couldn't resist....

6. Oktober thread starter macrumors regular

hahaha...good one :D

7. HBOC macrumors 68020

i have a BT microsoft 5000 mouse and i have had no problems with it interfering with either of the routers I have had; the Linksys WRT160N and now the Apple Airport Extreme. I am going to be buying the MM soon.