Magic Mouse. Why is it white?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by easepease, Nov 11, 2010.

1. easepease macrumors regular

Hey i did a few searches so I hope there is not already a thread about this... I assumed there would be... anyway

Anyone know of a hack or some cover that can make your magic mouse black and still have all the touch functions? I really hate this white mouse with my black and silver dinovo edge and black and silver imac. Its not a big deal but it would be nice to know if some such thing existed... I may have to risk breaking my mouse to try myself at some point.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. easepease thread starter macrumors regular

4. bossxii macrumors 68000

It's white because Unicorns are white and magical... and it's a "magic" mouse. :D

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

A silver alu magic mouse would be so cool. It would go better with all apple products, as the only apple computer that is white is the macbook, and not a whole bunch will be using the magic mouse with a macbook.

6. easepease thread starter macrumors regular

my point exactly... why not an all aluminum or a black top to match the bezel of almost all products they sell and silver body as it is now... I don't know if I want to drop $40 for a color job... but sure would be nice to have!

7. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

It's white because the keyboard has white keys. Now, why they are BOTH white... who knows... :D

Hey, at least they match each other, even if they don't match the computer they go with...

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Apple seems to love white and aluminum. Black hasn't been in for some time though personally, I would like some black products as well

9. easepease thread starter macrumors regular

i guess that makes sense. I use the dinovo edge which is a PERFECT match for the imac even more so than apples keyboard. It has black keys so my magic mouse does not look nearly as slick! I guess my greatest concern is finally getting a good iMac, Im off to the store again tomorrow to go no to iMac #8... I may ask to get store credit this time cause this is getting stupid

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

There hasn't been a black apple product since the blackbook. God knows why they discountined that?!!

Anyway, they should have the keyboard have black keys just like the MacBook Pro :) Then change the magic mouse to alu to match. After the MacBook is discountinued (which I'm sure it will in the near future) all Apple products will match :)

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

have u seen what the black keys on the macbook pros look like after a week of using them? they get nice and shiny.

12. animatedude macrumors 65816