Magic mouse with Lion???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Goober0311, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Goober0311 macrumors member

I got my MBP about a year ago and love it. I am learning new things every day. There is one thing that is bothering the crap out of me. I got a Magic Mouse yesterday and I can not for the life of me figure out why when using Firefox I can not go back using the gesture. I have looked at the system preferences and have done what it says. I don't understand why this is not working for me. Does it have to do with the fact that I am running Lion or firefox? :confused: Is this gesture just set up for Safari? Need some help here please. Thanks guys.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Currently only Chrome and Safari support gestures in Lion.

3. Goober0311, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

Goober0311 thread starter macrumors member

Ok after a little research I found out how. The problem is you lose switching between desktops. I went in to system preferences, mouse, more gestures, swipe between pages and chose swipe left or right with one or two fingers. Now this works but like I said you can't use the two fingers to swipe between desk tops however you can still use the two finger tap to get to mission control. I guess you have to sacrifice one for the other. Hopefully this will be a fix in the next update from Firefox.

4. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

Download MagicPrefs (it's free)... it lets you create all kinds of gestures for stuff. Way more flexible than just the standard prefs pane.

It supports the Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, and regular Trackpad.

For example, I mapped a three-finger swipe on the trackpads to a keyboard combo in Firefox and Eclipse to move left/right through open documents/tabs.

Rob