Magic Mouse Woes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wilflare, Oct 2, 2010.

1. wilflare macrumors member

hey guys,
    my purchase of the magic mouse has been disappointing.
    compared to my macbookpro's trackpad, the magic mouse is slower and less smooth.

e.g.
    if i attempt a circular motion on my trackpad, the onscreen cursor follows it rather well, but if i attempt a circular motion on my magic mouse, the cursor follows in an erratic manner

is this a driver problem or hardware problem?

already download BetterTouchTools but it still isn't quite as smooth as my trackpad...

-anyone gotten protection for this little thing?
    should have gotten the magic trackpad...

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

draw an exact circle on a pice of paper, then use a blackboard marker to mark the tip of your MM.

now get some drawing program where you can draw a simple line with a pen. draw the line making sure the MM doesn't move from the circle on the paper, and stays at the same angle. then upload the result :D

I found that its because as we move the mouse around, we also change the angle, exaggerating the movement in some directions more then others.

3. wilflare thread starter macrumors member

i'll try that if i've got time.

it seems better now, maybe it is an surface issue but the trackpad still feels better. (just a feeling of smoothness)

it's like i got move a little slower as i move to my intended target (the close button for example)

i'll shall give it a few more days of use, maybe just takes a little getting used to.

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

I think that'd be better, you could try increasing the mouse speed a little too.
    remember osx has mouse acceleration, so if you move your hand faster the mouse goes further.

5. MaxMike macrumors 6502

Try the Magic Trackpad? :apple:

6. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Just return the mouse and get the trackpad.
    Maybe try using MagicPrefs for your magic mouse first.

Otherwise, I think you'll love the magic trackpad.

7. wilflare thread starter macrumors member

won't be able to get a full refund since i got it from one of the authorized apple retailer stores.. doesn't seem to have the same policy as apple :/

bought the mouse thinking it will be easier to do all my iMovie and iPhoto stuff...