Magic Mouse won't track

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mostafiz28, Jun 13, 2013.

1. mostafiz28 macrumors member

Hi,

My four month old magic mouse all of a sudden stopped tracking. Clicking, scrolling and swiping works fine but it won't track no matter what. Any idea what could have gone wrong? I really enjoyed working with the mouse. If its dead, then should I buy another one or are they prone to such problems. I can use a third party mouse but they simply don't integrate with os x 10.8 as well as the MM. Please suggest. I'm a graphic designer BTW.

thanks in advance.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Forget & re-add the mouse in System Preferences > Bluetooth - if that doesn't work probably the sensor died. Rare but not unheard of I'm sure. The mouse has a 1-year warranty so you can take it to an Apple Retail Store or call 1-800-APL-CARE to set up mail-in service (they send you a new mouse on your CC then you send the bad one back in and the charge gets voided).

3. mostafiz28 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks very much. I've tried re-adding but that didn't work. It's under warranty but is it a common problem with these mice? Cause its gonna be a pain to change it often.

4. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

I assume you have already changed the batteries???…right?

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I have two of them & haven't had problems... so based on that sample they have a 0% failure rate :D

6. Jesla, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013

Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla