Magic Mouse works as mouse, but no Magic features

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gusmahler, Jul 21, 2011.

1. gusmahler macrumors member

I have a Mac Pro and a Bluetooth Magic Mouse. After using the Magic Mouse for about a week, I decided to get another mouse. My other computer needs that mouse so now I'm back to using the Magic Mouse with the Mac Pro.

Turning on the mouse and getting it discovered by the computer is fine. I'm using it as a regular mouse as I write this. However, I am unable to use any of the Magic features of the mouse. I can left click and right click on it, but that's it. No scrolling at all. Considering that I plan to upgrade to Lion tomorrow, that kind of sucks.

I thought that there was a setting in Mouse Preferences, but when I go to the Mouse Preferences dialog and click the Set Up Bluetooth Mouse button, it says "No mouse found."

Any ideas?

2. gusmahler thread starter macrumors member

No one has this problem?

It's really odd because if I go to System Preferences and go to Bluetooth, it shows my mouse as connected and even says that it is an Apple Magic Mouse.

But when I go to Mouse under System Preferences, and select "Set Up Bluetooth Mouse," it cannot find the Magic Mouse. There is also no option to turn on right clicking, yet right clicking works fine.

I have USB Overdrive 3.0.1 loaded, could that be the problem?

Never mind. I confirmed on the USB Overdrive page that the program does not find the Magic Mouse.

3. DeadPixel217 macrumors member

I agree. USB Overdrive is the problem. Did you find any alternative programs to allow you to map your other mices buttons?