Magic Mouse worth???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yogimac, Aug 4, 2011.

1. yogimac macrumors newbie

Hi All

I have MBP, i am thinking of buying a magic mouse but haven't heard good reviews abt it lot of ppl complaint abt the ergonomics of mouse and say it hurts the wrist.Pls Suggest

2. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

3. YESimBLUNTED macrumors member

I do not have any problems with it hurting my wrist, although its design is far from perfect. The side bevels (?) are not rounded enough and after using for a couple hours, it really gets annoying and somewhat painful as it tends to dig into my fingers.

If I had to use it all day at work I would definetly think about getting a different mouse.

4. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I use it all day, every day, for gaming, work, general use, etc., and I have no problems. The only time I started to get a sore wrist was after five or so days of gaming with way too much (and I mean WAY too much) clicking. That one time aside, I never get any pain. I don't find it comfortable, and it doesn't bother me. Although, I wasn't sure about it and did think I had made the wrong choice during the first week. I forgot about it eventually though.

I'd suggest trying it out in the Apple Store, if you can. Maybe even have a go of a friends? Etc.

5. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

I like the magic mouse very much. I have both the magic mouse and the trackpad in my office. I use the trackpad only occasionally when I am browsing the web or reading long articles. However, I miss the trackpad somehow when I work at home with a magic mouse only.

For high-precision work, a magic mouse (or a mouse from some other maker) is a must.

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I like the magic mouse. I didn't for the first hour of use but then I grew to like it. I hold it differently than a traditional mouse.

That being said I do use a different mouse for work (since I use Maya a lot and it requires 3 buttons) but for travel I always bring my magic mouse along.

7. kjmff5 macrumors regular

I was on the fence too and I just went for it and got one(eBday). I have a MBP with Lion. So far it works pretty well, but really it's the best when you use BTT. I like Firefox, so I have the page back/forward set. I am just using it for general purposes like docs and internet, nothing crazy. It can hurt the wrists after a while, but I think one of those gel pads might do the trick, going to try it out when I pick up one. So far I like it though.