Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Maltkvist, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Maltkvist macrumors member

So, I saw another thread about an issue with the Magic Mouse further down.
    But I thought it would be a better chance to get an answer like this :)

Anyway.
    I have had my first iMac since 24 september, and everything has been going great. I love it, can't believe how I managed without it before.
    I got this magic mouse, and read before that many user had problems with it. Sure it would happen to me too..

So last night, I somehow dropped it from the desk. Was sitting in my chair and casually using it when somehow I thought it would be "cool" to use it on the armrest since it's wireless.
    That's when it slipped out of my hand and onto the floor.

Since I am usually very careful with things, I froze. I was scared I had broke my magic mouse..haha..
    I took it up, and tried to use it. It works. But, it's like it goes veeeeeeery slow or stops.
    The scrolling works fine, it's the movement that somehow "broke"? No settings changed it for the better..

So, in short..
    I dropped my magic mouse. I'm sad. Does my applecare cover the magic mouse so I can get a new? Or should I just get something else than magic mouse?
    I really like it though..

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Accidental damage is not covered by Apple Care.

Maybe try turning it off and on again?

3. Maltkvist thread starter macrumors member

Yes.
    I have tried turning it on/off... Also restart etc.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you have another Mac with Mac OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.4 on it, with which you can test the mouse?

5. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

The IT crowd is brilliant.

On to the topic though if you live close to an apple store you could see if they would exchange it other than that I don't know what else to do. Even if they don't cover the damage they should still offer to repair it for a lower price than buying a new one.

6. Maltkvist thread starter macrumors member

Nope, this is the only Mac I have.
    Guess it doesn't work with a PC.. In fact, I hope it doesn't work. Since i've thrown out my old pc.