Magic mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by eyalez, May 15, 2012.

1. eyalez macrumors newbie

Hi!

So, after I decided to buy the new MBP no matter what, I need to decide if I want to buy the magic mouse or other wireless mouse.

I don't have any wireless mouse and I'm using pretty ordinary wired mouse.

I need a mouse that will be comfortable to every day using (browsing and sorts) and light gaming (diablo, LOL and some other random games that I will gain over time).

Thanks a lot! :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The magic mouse is terrible for gaming for extended periods of time. Look into a Razer or Logitech mouse.

3. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

If it's just light gaming the magic mouse is what you need, I have one as well as a logitech VX for gaming, the magic mouse's OSX gestures are really handy, oh and the touch scroll as opposed to scroll wheel is something I much prefer.

So in closing I would suggest you get the magic mouse and if you find it doesn't suit your needs for gaming (the right button click can be annoying to get right 100%) then wireless mice are cheap as chips.

Side note: The magic mouse doesn't need a usb dongle to connect, most wireless mice do though...which is a hassle when you only have 2 usb ports.

4. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

I have the magic mouse for use with my MBP and I love it. I love it so much I even use it with my iMac now which I originally got with a trackpad. The MM is nice and accurate and is great for photo editing. Plus it just feels really nice in your hand it contours perfectly. Gestures also very intuitive and work well on the MM, overall there really isn't anything I can say I don't like about it. It stays comfortable eve after extended use.