Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Scott7975, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

Hey all, I have a question about this mouse. I haven't gotten my mac yet but I am used to PCs. As great as a track pad as Macs have, I still like to use a mouse for certain things.

My question is.... I plan to bootcamp win 7. Will the magic mouse still function in windows? Im not so worried about the extra features as long as the movement and the left/right "button" work. If not then I will just get a regular mouse.

So I don't have to make a new thread, I also have a question about the MacBook Pros track pad. On a pc laptop, the track pads always annoyed me because when I was typing my palms would hit the pad. This jumped the cursor around. I usually shut it off and use a mouse full time.

Does the Apple trackpad have that same problem? If so can the pad be shut off?

2. ekiro macrumors regular

It will not perform as well as you think. It will a little sluggish in Windows and the right click will not work. Maybe they did/will address this in a recent/upcoming bootcamp update. I'm not sure though.

I have the iMac and installed Windows 8 via Bootcamp. It all worked well, except the Magic Mouse. I did this over half a year ago so I don't remember why I was upset with the MagicMouse + Windows, but I think it was because it gave me a headache when trying to play games. Same applies to gaming on that trackpad. Right clicking is in most cases non-existant.

3. Scott7975 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok thank you for your information. Right click is important to me. I will try it out and if it doesn't work then I will just use a regular Logitech mouse.

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I don't have a Mac but why wouldn't the right-click work via Bootcamp when it works in Windows natively?
    I'm using it on a PC with Windows XP and the right-click works fine.
    :confused:

5. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

My Magic Mouse works great in my Windows 8.1 Bootcamp, including right-click.