Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 262Runnr, Sep 17, 2015.

1. 262Runnr macrumors regular

262Runnr

I just got a wireless keyboard / magic mouse for my 2012 MacBook Pro.
    I like both but while battery life on the keyboard is fantastic but the battery life on the magic mouse is pretty poor.
    Is this a common issue with the Magic Mouse?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Depends on your usage compared to mine, but I get a couple of months out of mine.

3. 262Runnr thread starter macrumors regular

262Runnr

it's not a big problem as I just use rechargeable batteries and replace as needed but it seems odd that the batteries in the keyboard last for months at a time and the magic mouse batteries seems to last only weeks....
    I do love the way it works though....big change from the old USB mouse that I was using....:)

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Rechargeable's will vary quite a bit depending on the ratting. I use Duracells which last quite well.

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I use rechargeable's in my MM and only get a couple of weeks. But I also use mine for several hours a day, every day. I see it as normal considering how much I use them. I use Energizer and they seem to do pretty decent.

6. vkd macrumors 6502a

vkd

I use rechargables in my Apple Keyboard and Magic Trackpad. The keyboard ones always last a lot longer than for the trackpad, as the trackpad gets far more use. Think about it, if you are on the www, what are you doing most? Pointing and clicking innit.