Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MLeepson, Nov 13, 2009.

1. MLeepson macrumors 6502

Hi
    I thinking about buying the Magic Mouse, but I was wondering if anyone has any drawbacks. Is is too small?
    (I'd obv. be buying online)

2. Amigaman macrumors regular

Amigaman

I personally don't think it's too thin. I've been using one for a few weeks now and I love it.

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

If you like the multi-touch trackpads, then you would most likely love it. However if your like me and the new tracks pads are the worst things every, the mouse is just the annoyance wrapped in your hand.

4. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

The only way to know for sure is to get one and try it out. Unfortunately, you will have to pay for it first ;). When I first got mine, I thought it was too small and too slow. I now think the size is fine, the two-finger swipe is much easier than I first thought, and with tracking turned up all the way, it's acceptable for tracking speed. You must keep in mind that this device is not all that much like a mouse - it's a new device really, and only the clicking is like a mouse would be. They almost need a new name for it - like mole :).
    Anyway the biggest benefit I have found that no one ever mentions, is that it's BlueTooth and therefore doesn't use up one of my USB ports. And that part of it (BlueTooth) works awesome.
    So for what it's worth, I was where you are now a couple of weeks ago, so I say go for it!

Rich :cool:

5. Amigaman macrumors regular

Amigaman

Check out MouseZoom X 2.2 if you want to tweak the tracking speed to insane levels.

6. Mac Addict macrumors member

Mac Addict

I do truly like the Magic Mouse. The momentum type page scrolling is a new experience and like the iPhone, it eases page scrolling. I also have the two finger swipe set for "back" & "forward" on the browser. Neat to go to a site, and with the mouse not moving scroll up and down, and when Im done two finger swipe back and move on to the next webpage.

Regarding the tracking, my Magic Mouse tracked dog slow on my mouse pad. Removed the mouse pad and set the MM on my desk and it tracks much easier.

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It scratches REALLY easily and looks badly in light.Also the battery life could be better... But its a great mouse.

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It not my own video but I found this very helpful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZyH2Hv_rgU

9. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter