Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TJaames, May 13, 2010.

1. TJaames macrumors member

Hey guys I just received my magic mouse. I have a few questions that the book did not address.
    I put the track speed to fast, yet the mouse still moves across the screen pretty slowly.
    I also have to move the mouse literally to the bottom of my desk to get to the bottom of my screen. I'm assuming this is just because I have a 17" screen, but it is very annoying.

Are there any fixes for these problems?

2. MFalcon94 macrumors newbie

I got one yesterday. Try MagicPrefs.

Not only does it enhance tracking, but it can enable more multi-touch options.

As a new Mac owner, I got used to Expose very quickly, and missed it as soon as I used a mouse instead of the trackpad.

3. TJaames thread starter macrumors member

4. loyrun macrumors newbie

I use Better Touch tools. I like it alot, opens the mouse up for a whole new world of features.

5. kreidel macrumors member

6. TJaames thread starter macrumors member

Ah downloaded it! Thank you I love it now. The only thing I don't like is that when I move the mouse slow the tracker goes even slower, and magicprefs doesn't seem to fix that.

7. TJaames thread starter macrumors member

And when I try to use the MM in WoW it goes back to a very slow track speed.

8. kreidel macrumors member

Ah yes, the dreaded acceleration curve. Believe it or not you will get used to it but there are some things you can adjust in magicprefs or better touch tool to adjust it. At the moment I can't think of which one but when I do I will post back.

9. kreidel macrumors member

For WoW I installed Microsoft Mouse software and that took care of the problem for me. But sometimes I don't feel like using the MM so I will plug in the Microsoft Mouse and then I have to readjust the in game speed in WoW.

10. TJaames thread starter macrumors member

Could you link me to that software please? I'd like to use it in game if possible.

11. TJaames thread starter macrumors member

And while in here, I'm trying to use a separate mouse since I really don't think I can deal with the slowness in game of the MM. Is there a reason that my mbp won't recognize my IHome mouse?