Magic Piano

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bodhi395, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

Anyone else been using this app?

When I play the mode where its a black screen and when you touch the screen little dots of light appear, it feels so futuristic, like this will be what musical instruments will be like in 100 years.

I also love how you can play pre-made songs on it almost like you are actually playing them, but not quite. Its sort of like a sleek, minimalist guitar hero, but for piano.

I'm surprised they are only charging 99 cents, it seems alot better than some of the games that are charging 10 bucks.

2. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Yeah I saw YouTube videos on that app and it looks pretty cool. I might get it especially since it's so cheap.

Btw, there is a "My Favorite Apps" thread you should post in about Magic Piano.

3. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I think it's a really good app too, especially now that they added a horizontal keyboard layout with the latest update.

On another note, I've noticed a number of the Apps that I overpaid for on opening day are cheaper now.

Magic Piano used to be $2.99, now it's only 99 cents.
    My Frame used to be $2.99, now it's only 99 cents.
    Table Checkers HD used to be 99 cents, now it's free.

I could have saved $5 from those Apps if I had waited 10 days. Need for Speed: Shift is still $14.99 though. I think it was worth it, but I'll be a little annoyed when 4 months from now it only costs $4.99.

4. Bodhi395 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think that seems to be the pattern, and was similar to iphone apps. They usually start pretty high then are discounted after a while when demand starts to drop off.

Its pretty much standard supply and demand economics. Products naturally come down in price over time as demand drops off. Its a bit different with apps since supply is unlimited, but the demand is what controls how much they charge.

5. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Yep noticed that too so I'm watching AppShopper like a hawk plus the AppDeals app. I hope some of the $9.99-$14.99 games I'm interested in will go on sale, I'm pretty sure they will.

6. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

at this price you could even buy it for your cat!

(sorry its a reference from another thread)

7. pooryou macrumors 65816

Pointless app, bored me to tears. Very disappointing waste of $3.

Tapping the screen to trigger notes is a brain dead activity and the circular piano is just goofy and unmusical.

Only Smule app I have liked so far is Leaf Trombone.

8. California King macrumors 65816

How do you play "married life" on this app? I joined that online duet thing and connected with someone who was playing it...was blown away!

9. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I don't like that they drop the prices so fast though. It has only been out for 2 weeks. Although I am not going to complain over $2.

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

11. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Yes, they do. :D

Another cool piano app is Pro Keys. I love the "Organica" mode. Keep pretty much any key pressed, then press another - sounds like a creepy movie soundtrack. Do this while looking around the room with your eyes wide open and your eyebrows raised up all the way. :eek: Good times!

12. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I would throw my cat out if it got anywhere near my mbp/iPad/iPhone

13. vini-vidi-vici macrumors 6502

Why do people get upset if they buy an app that goes on sale later? If you're going to pay $15 for some app "now", and are happy with paying that. Great.

If it's marked down to $5 later, so what? You paid an extra $10 for getting it earlier... what's wrong with that? It's not like you got "ripped off", you paid for the privilege of using it earlier.

That's how markets work - you set a high price, see how many takers you get... then lower the price to expand your customer base. It's like getting upset that stock prices go up & down... it's just how the world works - get over it.