Magic the Gathering online?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by morgothaod, Sep 17, 2009.

1. morgothaod macrumors regular

Is it possible for me to play Magic the Gathering Online with Snow Leopard? (I don't have a windows operating system on switch)

2. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

3. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

WotC has decided that us Mac folks aren't worth the effort to port. It doubly sucks since they just announced that they will start having online PTQs for the upcoming season.

4. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

5. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Nothing wrong with that - have you seen the spoilers on the new set? I'm positively salivating over Zendikar.

6. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

Buying cards isn't much of a problem, finding players in real life is...

7. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

Buying cards isn't much of a problem, finding players in my area is...

8. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

9. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

There are shops in my area. I just have trouble talking to people that I don't know. I'm shy and an introvert. Plus, I'm a beginner to Magic, so I don't know all of the rules/ card abilities.

10. Sandman824 macrumors newbie

magic cards

I used to play 15 years ago. I have over 1000 cards from that era sitting in the closet. I had the same problem, finding people to play. I didn't even realize that they were still making cards.

11. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

That's perfectly understandable. At my shop, which has quite the diverse play group (our oldest regular is 40 and our youngest is 9), we get new folks coming in all the time. I'm not sure how it is elsewhere, but we strive to make them feel welcome and not feel bad for not knowing all the rules at first. We're also willing to point out mistakes/errors in a friendly way, and most people that show up get a lot better in a short time. MtG is a very complex game and has a learning curve, after all.

Do you have any friends that play or you think would want to play? My advice would be to find an FNM and go as a group. Finding a store that does drafts instead of Standard would be a little easier, as you won't have to already have a deck built. Or alternatively, since there's the Zendikar pre-release this upcoming weekend, you could attend that. Brand new cards.

If you don't want them anymore, I'll gladly pay shipping if you're willing to box them up securely and mail them to me. PM me if you're interested.

12. Orpheo macrumors newbie

Well i dont live in the us, but where i live (and when i used to play MtG) there where many places where u could pick up some players.
    my experience is that the good old store is always the best one, dont worry if u are shy, they all were when they started and they'll try to make u comfortable. If you can't find any stores, sometimes MtG meet at parks or public spots.

i still got my old cards, i have a white/green deck :D