Magic Trackpad 2 - can't drag and drop

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bcburrows, Oct 22, 2015.

1. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

On the new force touch trackpad I am completely unable to drag and drop anything. Pretty annoying, but suspect I am just being dumb.

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Thanks

2. rawweb macrumors 6502a

rawweb

Are you referring to the three finger drag and drop? In 10.11 it has been hidden and moved from the trackpad settings to accessibility. Not sure why they did that...

Attached Files:

3. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

Was playing with this capability on a rMBP and my woman's new MacBook. The way in which Force touch interfered with drag & drop annoyed the Hell out of me. So, I disabled Force Touch and the problem was solved.

Been dragging and dropping pretty much the same way since 1992 or so. Not gunna' change that now, so I can get a goofy snap preview of a couple apps.

4. thatanonymoususer macrumors regular

thatanonymoususer

I had some issues with this at first. It can be a bit finicky between a click hard enough to grab the item and a click hard enough to do a preview. I have enable dragging off on mine. For reference, pretty much everything is checked off in my trackpad menu. I'm using the magic trackpad if that makes a difference.

5. elguille macrumors member

elguille

I just deleted by Magic Trackpad 2 (in Preferences > Bluetooth), then plugged it in again via the lightning cable to re-pair. And amazingly drag+drop now works just the way it should.

Now mine is working just fine