Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
On the new force touch trackpad I am completely unable to drag and drop anything. Pretty annoying, but suspect I am just being dumb.

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Thanks

rawweb

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2015
On the new force touch trackpad I am completely unable to drag and drop anything. Pretty annoying, but suspect I am just being dumb.

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Thanks

Are you referring to the three finger drag and drop? In 10.11 it has been hidden and moved from the trackpad settings to accessibility. Not sure why they did that...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 1.14.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 1.14.53 PM.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,691

whodatrr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2004
Was playing with this capability on a rMBP and my woman's new MacBook. The way in which Force touch interfered with drag & drop annoyed the Hell out of me. So, I disabled Force Touch and the problem was solved.

Been dragging and dropping pretty much the same way since 1992 or so. Not gunna' change that now, so I can get a goofy snap preview of a couple apps.

thatanonymoususer

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2015
I had some issues with this at first. It can be a bit finicky between a click hard enough to grab the item and a click hard enough to do a preview. I have enable dragging off on mine. For reference, pretty much everything is checked off in my trackpad menu. I'm using the magic trackpad if that makes a difference.

elguille

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2006
Venezuela & Spain
I just deleted by Magic Trackpad 2 (in Preferences > Bluetooth), then plugged it in again via the lightning cable to re-pair. And amazingly drag+drop now works just the way it should.

Now mine is working just fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.