Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Armendegga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Valdosta, GA
has anyone else been experiencing this? It's been an issue with all of the Monterey beta's.... When the Magic Trackpad 2 is plugged in, it works fine, zero lag, etc.. When it is connected via bluetooth, it is very, very laggy... I'll do a small movement, and the mouse will be across the screen, etc. I'm on the 27" 2020 iMac.

Did try deleting the trackpad, and then adding it again, and did not seem to help.

I did try searching and saw a couple comments of this primarily from the earlier betas, but haven't been able to find if there are any workarounds (aside from leaving the trackpad plugged in).

Golden373

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2021
has anyone else been experiencing this? It's been an issue with all of the Monterey beta's.... When the Magic Trackpad 2 is plugged in, it works fine, zero lag, etc.. When it is connected via bluetooth, it is very, very laggy... I'll do a small movement, and the mouse will be across the screen, etc. I'm on the 27" 2020 iMac.

Did try deleting the trackpad, and then adding it again, and did not seem to help.

I did try searching and saw a couple comments of this primarily from the earlier betas, but haven't been able to find if there are any workarounds (aside from leaving the trackpad plugged in).
I haven't seen this specifically with Monterey, but have been experiencing it on a Big Sur 11.5.2 machine for months.

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Interesting. The latest beta of 12.0 fixed this for me.

Any other peripherals near the Trackpad?

Heindiabolo

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2021
I have the same issue with Magic Trackpad 2 on my MacBook Pro M1 13" (Monterey 12.0.1) I don't find the Debug Menu for Bluetooth. Normal Option + Shift Button and click on BT Icon. I see only Mac Adress and so but I missing the Menu for Factory Reset Bluetooth Modul. Any Idea how to fix it.

szilske

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2015
Germany
I am facing the same with my Trackpad under 12.0.1 ... it is happening mostly (I think) while my 2016 MacBook Pro is performing "heavy" tasks like Zoom calls or Slack huddles. I am using Keyboard and AirPods at the same time.

Any idea how to fix that?!

coffeym

macrumors member
May 16, 2016
UK
I have this too. It’s as if touch is only detected part of the time. There have been instances where I have made the two finger scroll gesture and nothing is registered. No issues when plugged in.

mehmet3

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2024
I have this too, fine with cable. I tried turning off the keyboard and trackpad became better. Now I turned on keyboard, trackpad is still good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.