Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ploid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2021
My Magic Trackpad 2 over Bluetooth becomes noticeably stiffer feeling compared to a wired connection. If you have a Magic Keyboard 2 can you test if it feels perceivably stiffer to click over Bluetooth? Is this by design or is there an issue with the Bluetooth?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
My Magic Trackpad 2 over Bluetooth becomes noticeably stiffer feeling compared to a wired connection. If you have a Magic Keyboard 2 can you test if it feels perceivably stiffer to click over Bluetooth? Is this by design or is there an issue with the Bluetooth?
Under Trackpad in system settings, what are your "click" settings? Options are light, medium and firm. see if they change when on BT versus wired.

Ploid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2021
Under Trackpad in system settings, what are your "click" settings? Options are light, medium and firm. see if they change when on BT versus wired.
Both are medium. I don’t think you can have separate settings.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I get this intermittently at home, but not at my office. Think some just act that way, return if you can and try another because they aren't supposed too.

Ploid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2021
I get this intermittently at home, but not at my office. Think some just act that way, return if you can and try another because they aren't supposed too.
Well it’s the discontinued space grey one so we’ll see what happens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.