Magic Trackpad and the Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by vbmike73, Jan 18, 2012.

1. vbmike73 macrumors regular

I have a Magic Trackpad and a standard Mighty Mouse on my iMac. I have downloaded the BetterTouchTool for the trackpad and it does a lot more that the Mac OS does. My problem is this. I'm used to using the scroll wheel/button on the mouse to scroll up/down. I roll it back to scroll down a page and forward to scroll up a page. This is pretty standard and it's what I'm used to at work as well on the PC. So I started using the trackpad, and that seems backwards to me since the trackpad seems more like my iPhone. If I want to scroll down the page, then I want to swipe up as if I'm throwing the page upwards. Same with left and right. So in the trackpad settings in Lion it has a Natural checkbox. When you check that, it behaves the way I want it to. However, it then causes the mouse to behave the same way. So then I uncheck the box in the mouse settings, and it screws up the trackpad settings again. Even theough they are two different parts of the Preferences pane, they are tied together. I thought maybe I could use the BetterTouchTool to find a way around this, but to no avail. Bottom line, I want the mouse and trackpad to have different settings. Mouse wheel pushed up/forward = page scrolled up. Trackpad pushed up/forward = page scrolled down. Any ideas???

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried this setting yet? It mentions the Magic Mouse, but not the Mighty Mouse, thus it may work.
    [​IMG]

Btw, maybe use paragraphs and/or breaks for your posts, it makes reading them less complicated, as of now, it is just a block of text.

3. vbmike73, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

vbmike73 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Not sure what this big block of text you posted is, but my post really didn't warrant multiple paragraphs.

4. simsaladimbamba

But a break or two.

Anyway, does that setting in BTT help?

And "lorem ipsum" is a place holder text, I just used it to show you, that a block of text is quite difficult to read.

5. vbmike73 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have that setting in the Beta version. That's only in the Alpha.

6. simsaladimbamba

I have version 0.721, the latest alpha is 0.75.