magic trackpad as writing tablet vs...?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by toronado455, Aug 17, 2014.

1. toronado455, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014

toronado455 macrumors regular

toronado455

Considering the purchase of a new Wacom Intuos Creative Pen Tablet (small size) for use as a pen & paper replacement - mostly for working on math problems and also for annotating PDFs.

But I would like something that doesn't take up as much space on my desk, and I don't need the multi-levels of pressure sensitivity since I'm not doing artwork.

Was wondering if a stylus on an Apple Magic Trackpad would work well enough to use for my purposes.

Also considering the new Wacom Bamboo Pad which is smaller than the Intuos, but I don't like that the pen is short, and concerned the mouse button might get in the way.

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

No the trackpad won't work. I would advise either the intuos pad or an older bamboo pad that the Intuos replaced (they just remarketed it and gave it a new build) or if you have an iPad get a JOT touch or similar styli.

3. toronado455 thread starter macrumors regular

toronado455

"pen" (regular) vs "pen & touch"

Thanks. I was about to order the Wacom Intuos Creative Pen Tablet (Small) today, but then realized I hadn't considered whether I might want to get the version that also supports multi-touch which is called the Wacom Intuos Creative "Pen & Touch" Tablet, and seems to be the more popular of the two versions. It costs a bit more than the one without multi-touch, but I think it might be worth it if it works well.