Magic Trackpad causing strange behavior in Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RedCroissant, Feb 7, 2014.

1. RedCroissant Suspended

I am running OS X 10.9.1 and using a wired aluminum apple keyboard with the numeric keypad and the magic trackpad.

Just today I noticed that using gestures to navigate in Safari causes the trackpad to act strangely or not work, and Safari to not render sites properly or even navigate fully back to the previous page. At that point, the forward/back buttons also do not function properly and fail to reload the page.

Any ideas?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

As odd as it sounds, have you checked the battery levels on the trackpad? I've only gotten "partial" renderings of sights if I go back somewhere that has some type of interactive feature. The only time my swipe back and forth doesn't work is when my trackpad is low on power.

3. RedCroissant thread starter Suspended

hmm. I did check the charge level and it's at 38%. I know that low charge levels can cause some strange behavior, but I thought that ti had to be lower than 20% or so before the charge level would result in performance issues. if that's it, then ok.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I don't think that would be the cause at 38%

5. CH12671 macrumors 6502

Had the same issue with my trackpads on both iMac and MBP since upgrade to mavericks....resetting pram solved all issues!

6. caipirina macrumors member

I am having the exact same issue and it drives me nuts that it is only the magic trackpad .. the trackpad on my macbook pro works just fine. I was thinking the MTP is broken and needs replacing, but then I found several threads ... I will try to option+command+P+R things next time I need to reboot ... wonder if this will do the trick .. But it is really strange as I have not updated / changed anything recently ...

7. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

More often than not this fixes system glitches like this.

8. caipirina macrumors member

Very happy to report that PRAM reset also fixed this one ...

and I can't believe that after 14 years of mac usage I have never heard (or forgotten?) about option+command+P+R