Magic Trackpad - Erratic W/External Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pilotkid, Jan 5, 2017.

1. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone. So after a lot of troubleshooting, and I mean a lot...all the way up to reformatting my entire computer. I have come to the conclusion that my Magic Trackpad doesn't seem to like when my external display is connected to my 2015 MacBook. I use Apple's newest wireless keyboard as well when I'm connected to my external display, and during that time the MacBook is in clamshell mode. What is really weird as that I've had this setup for about a year, no problems until about the last week. My Apple keyboard works flawlessly. My Magic Trackpad is basically unusable. Its completely erratic when trying to scroll, to the point when I can't even get it on an icon to click it. Again, I've used the keyboard, trackpad, external display with the MacBook itself in clamshell mode for about a year, this problem with the trackpad just started...Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Update: It may actually be my 2015 MacBook that is having the problem. Yes, my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard works fine. However, I tried a Magic Mouse that I use with my iMac and the same problem happens on my MacBook. The Magic Trackpad works fine when I pair it with the iMac also.

Any ideas would be appreciated!