Magic Trackpad: How do I go back and forward in Lion?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by yustas, Sep 22, 2011.

1. yustas macrumors regular

Dec 11, 2009
    I know it is probably a dumb question, but I am newbie, so here is what I cannot figure out. In OS X, using the Magic Trackpad, swiping two fingers to the left or to the right, would bring me back or forward to the pages I have already visited. It works in Safari, but doing it in the iTunes or the Appstore does not seem to work anymore.

For example, I opened iTunes, clicked on some stuff in it and want to go back to a page I have already visited, when I swipe with two fingers to the left, I get the left, nothing happens, if I swipe with three fingers to he left, I get a different screen with a calculator, the clock and the weather. What am I missing?
  2. themoffster macrumors regular

Apr 26, 2011
    it only works in some applications, not everything.
  3. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Jul 25, 2011
    Try four fingers. At least to go back. I'm not sure why they didn't make it the same between apps for continuity.

Caveat - you may not have the same system prefs as I do.
  4. Abazigal macrumors G3

Jul 18, 2011
    I use 4 finger swipe to move back and forward pages when surfing in chrome. Not sure if this applies to other programs though.
  5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

Sep 17, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Download Chrome Canary and you can use the two finger swipe (sideways) to go back and fwd between web pages.