Magic Trackpad in Aperture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Brenzo, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Brenzo macrumors regular

I searched the forums, but could not find an answer so I thought I would start a thread and I hope this is the right place.

For whatever reason, I cannot use the Magic Trackpad to rotate or flip through images in my Aperture library. I searched through the preferences and settings and have tried doing it while viewing my photos in various views (full screen, splitviewer, etc.) but nothing is working. I've been using Aperture for a couple months now, but I thought I remembered this feature being available in iPhoto. For reference, I am running 3.1.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Gene S macrumors member

You do it in the split view. The part of the screen that kind of looks like a film strip and shows multiple pictures in the bottom part of the screen. I use 2 fingers to swipe and rotate the pictures.

Three fingers to flip through images in the main viewer. I don't think you can rotate in the main viewer. Beside using the rotate button.

3. Brenzo thread starter macrumors regular

I could have sworn that I had tried that in the past. I'll have to try again when I get home tonight. Thanks for the tip Gene.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

FWIW, I never knew about three-finger to move to next image. That works but for me, two finger swipe down does not rotate photos. Same version of Aperture and most recent OS X updates (aside from Airport and Epson Printer Utility). ;)

5. Gene S, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

Gene S macrumors member

No, not two finger swipe down to rotate. Twist two fingers on the TrackPad to rotate. =) Like you do on an iPhone or iPad.

And how do you know I have an Airport and Epson Printer?? :eek: