Magic Trackpad Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by specialk0449, Sep 16, 2011.

1. specialk0449 macrumors member

I have the magic trackpad. I paired it with my 2011 mac mini in mid-August and all gestures were working just fine. Several days ago I noticed that the tap to click function no longer works. I actually have to push down to click to make it register on the mac mini. The same thing in order to make it work with the two finger tap to click.

I have another magic trackpad paired with my 2007 iMac and it works fine. I switched out the trackpads between the 2 computers. Both trackpads function properly when paired with iMac but not with mini.

The only software that is installed on the mac mini that is not on my iMac is Plex. I turned on the mouse functions in Plex and the trackpad functions properly in the Plex software. I subsequently turned off the mouse functions in Plex. Is Plex the culprit?

Does anyone have any ideas that might help me resolve this issue?

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Was Plex installed or updated recently? Have you tried uninstalling it completely? The other thing I would suggest is an SMC and PRAM reset, or maybe trashing your Bluetooth plist.

3. specialk0449 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice Skorpien. Plex was causing the problem. I uninstalled it and the trackpad functions returned to normal.