Magic Trackpad looses connection when sleeping

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GoCubsGo, Oct 14, 2011.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've tried to be diligent and do a search. I've also searched Google and found no solution that resolved my issue.

I installed Lion this week for the first time; it was a clean install. I have a Magic Trackpad and all software is up to date. When I put my computer to sleep or if I boot it after it has been off the Magic Trackpad does not re-connect. It was taking just under a minute, now it's taken as long as 5 minutes. The light will flash now and then on the Trackpad which leads me to believe the bluetooth modem is restarting itself or something like that.

I've tried:
    • Marking the Trackpad as a favorite under my bluetooth preferences
    • Resetting PRAM (I don't know why but it was worth a shot)
    • Plugging in a wired keyboard and having only the Trackpad as the only Bluetooth device
    • deleted the bluetooth .plist file
    I read the Apple support doc and I do click the Trackpad (not tap but physically click) when the machine wakes or boots. What I have noticed is this issue persists almost consistently but there is often a one-off time where the Trackpad wakes the machine and is registered right away.

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

Are you running 10.7.2? It fixed the bluetooth connectivity issues I was having.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

What about one of those 3rd party apps
    Running any of those?
    The ones for the Magic Mouse, etc
    Perhaps they interfere somehow