Magic Trackpad marked

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by scottish, Aug 10, 2011.

1. scottish macrumors 6502a

I have just bought a magic trackpad and opened the box to find a small, but noticeable, mark on the top section where the battery is enclosed. This thing cost quite a bit so I would like to get it swapped for one without this aesthetics issue. The problem is that I am miles from my nearest Apple store so can't be taking it back there in a hurry. I know from previous experience that if there is a problem with your mouse etc. that they will send out a new one with a bag for you to return the faulty one. This is done online using your mac serial number. Does anyone know if there is a similar service for my situation? I have checked on Apple website but my serial number is apparently invalid. Thanks all and sorry I've made this so long winded!

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I'm guessing you bought this from Apple online? Give them a call and they might do what's called an Advance RMA. You'll buy a brand new one and they'll ship it to you. Then you'll send the old one back in the new one's box. When they receive it, they'll refund the old one.

3. scottish thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your reply.

I actually bought it in a store on the way back from a holiday. Just assumed all would be ok so popped it in the car and returned home. Will this make a difference to them doing an Advance RMA?

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

As long as it's an Apple store I would think they would help you on the phone too.

5. scottish thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will call them tonight. Thanks again.