Magic Trackpad not swiping on Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by eternalife, Aug 20, 2011.

1. eternalife macrumors regular

I've got a MBP and all of my gestures work great on the built in pad. However, my bluetooth trackpad doesn't do 4 finger swipe (Left/Right or Up/Down) for fullscreen and mission control. I've confirmed the settings in the System Preferences. Any clues? Is this a known issue with Lion?

2. hormelmeatcompa macrumors member

I have a similar problem with the built-in trackpad on my 2011 Macbook Pro. 3-finger swipes to switch between spaces doesn't work, among other things. The basic gestures like 2 finger scrolling still work, though. You might want to try an alternate program for setting up gestures. I use something called Magicprefs:

http://magicprefs.com/

Magicprefs didn't quite fix my gesture problems (I have to mess around with the sensitivity for gesture triggering to get it right) but it helped somewhat. It has many more options for configuring gestures and what those gestures can launch which is why I use it.

3. laudern macrumors 6502a

Ive just updated to lion and I hvae to say that the guestures are not as responsive as what they were in SL...I'll swipe and nothing will happen...Ive noticed this especially in system preferences. And the pinch for lauch pad barely works 1st time