Magic Trackpad on lap

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hismikeness, Aug 15, 2010.

1. hismikeness macrumors regular

Does anyone have one of the Trackpads? Anyone used it on their lap, as if they were controlling a MacMini driving media center with it?

I thought about driving to the Apple store to test one, but I assumed they have them chained down so I wouldn't be able to.

I'm worried the feet click deal won't work on my lap or the arm of the chair.

Any help appreciated.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

The click feet will NOT click unless it is a firm flat surface. Definitely not your leg. This is my least favorite thing about the magic trackpad.

3. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Are you able to use the track pad with the "Touch" or "Tap" click they might call it? You know where you don't actually "click" the pad but just "tap"the pad. I normally don't click my track pad on the MBP I have, I do sometimes though. I usually just use the tap method.

I am in the market for an iMac though and definitely wanted to get myself the magic track pad but ONLY if you don't have to use the click function and it could be used EXACTLY like the one on the MBP. I think it is one of the nicest features about my laptop.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Tap to click works. The feet just don't press.

5. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Woohoo!!

Awesome news!! That is all I needed to know before making my iMac purchase and adding the magic track pad to my order.

For the OP, You could definitely use it on your lap then, just wouldn't have the click option it looks like. If you can live without the click, you can use it with the tap :)

Thanks appleguy123. I haven't been on this forum for very long, but everyone I have ever asked a question too has been VERY helpful. I am loving my MBP (First Mac) and the forum. Thanks again!!