Magic trackpad on windows xp

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by barny, Oct 10, 2010.

1. barny macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hey. I've looked around and apparently you can get the trackpad to work on a solely windows machine. Is this true? If so what features work and dont work? My girlfriend is thinking of getting me one for Christmas but I thought it would be good to check first.

Barny 

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I am also interested to know if the magic mouse and apple wired keyboard would work aswell. Which would be best for a windows xp user. Magic mouse/magic trackpad?

2. dmarch macrumors regular

dmarch

I've also heard this was possible but as yet have not been able to make it work. I also have a Windows 7 machine, which installed with no problem.:confused:

3. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I use the Magic Trackpad on Windows XP at work. This is a Windows-only PC (not bootcamp). The following works:
    • Mouse cursor movement
    • Left-click (physical)
    • Right-click (physical)
    • Single finger tap (left click)
    • Two finger tap (right click)
    • Two finger scroll (up/down only, not left/right)
    • Double-tap-then-drag (But it's hard to get this right... sometimes just double clicks instead. For reliable dragging, I use the physical click and drag.)

I have no idea about the Magic Mouse. The keyboard will work fine, but I don't know why you want it. There is a wide assortment of USB keyboards and there's nothing special about the Apple one except it has Apple keys on it.

4. barny thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that guys especially ActionableMango with personal experience of doing this. I'm glad it will work. And by te way the reason I want the apple keyboard is because of it's great looks and it Is also great to type on :)

5. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Wacom Bamboo is a trackpad that supports multitouch gestures in Windows. I imagine it has better support on Windows-only PCs than the Magic Trackpad does.

6. Volley macrumors newbie

@ActionableMango may you explain step by step what you did to make magic trackbapad working on only windows xp pc?
    It doesn't work for me..and I tried drivers extracted from bootcamp drivers.
    thanks..

7. joelniese macrumors newbie

trackpad issue

to ActionableMango:
    I have tried a couple of times to connect the trackpad to windows pc, can you layout the process you when through in detail what you did to get things to work correctly. I was able to get the driver installed, bought a bluetooth adapter, etc. but still can't get things to work?