Magic Trackpad one-finger scroll?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by basbr, Aug 12, 2011.

1. basbr macrumors member

Today I bought the Magic Trackpad, and I love it. But because of my handicap I cannot use the two-finger scroll (I have only one finger each on my arms). For zooming I just use both of my arms (don't use it much, so no problem), but for scrolling (which I do a lot) this is too much of a hassle. The Magic Mouse works great, but I like the trackpad better.

Do you guys know of any solution? I was thinking of software that would let me assign the right quarter of the trackpad to scrolling. Or move up and down while holding the ctrl-key or so.

I tried MagicPrefs and another app, but there seems to be no functionality for that.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Eradik macrumors regular

I'd try BetterTouchTool. While I have not used it, in looking at the screen shots it does appear there is settings for one finger swipes.

http://www.boastr.de/

3. basbr thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but I tried that. That counts for the Magic Mouse, not for the Trackpad. Thanks for the trouble though...

Cheers.

4. melva macrumors member

Track Pad Scrolling

Would incorporating a capacitive stylus work? I have verified that a capitative styles will act like a finger on the MacBook Air trackpad.

5. imahawki macrumors 6502a

How would you simply move the pointer around the screen even if you COULD find a way to scroll with one finger? I think melva is onto something. Maybe a stylus you can strap to your finger. When you want to mouse you kind of tilt your hand away from the stylus and when you want to scroll you roll your hand over a few degrees and the stylus and finger would both be touching.

6. basbr thread starter macrumors member

You know what, that's actually pretty smart... If there's no software solution, this could work.

To answer your first question: Moving the cursor works fine, and if i'd press the ctrl-button while swiping, the screen would scroll. That would be my solution of choice. That, or assigning a space on the trackpad for scrolling.

7. imahawki macrumors 6502a

Ah, I didn't think about a button combination option, that might work too.