Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tulipone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Huntingdon UK
I went to an Apple Store today to buy the trackpad. It was connected to an iMac that was strangely not being used. It looked bait cheap, not up to Apple usual standards.

I had a play around with the settings and some photos in iLife. I was not keen. I left without it. Has anyone had one for a while and really like it, does it grow on you or was I nest off walking away?

Chris

DannySmurf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
I bought one last week. I like it. If you've used an Apple trackpad on a laptop, it's pretty much exactly the same thing, just bigger.

I don't think it would "grow on you." If you don't like it, you don't like it. How it works isn't going to magically change over time.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
I ordered one online after the local apple store being sold out of them for the past week. I tried it out and liked it very much. That said, I also got a Logitech VX Revolution mouse that I plan on using as well. I really like the gesture support with the Magic Trackpad, and if you use an app like Better Touch Tool, you'll be able to fully unleash the gestures however you'd like.

I should also say that I ordered it through the Apple Store website and wasn't charged tax because Missouri is tax free this weekend on some items.

mangrove

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
FL, USA
Tried one in my Apple store today. Liked its touch and feel after about one minute.

Ordered one on line from MacMall. There back ordered. I did not care-I'll wait.

miki66

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
IL
i think it's more or less alike the magic mouse if you're using one. of coz it's the the bigger size of the notebook trackpad but if you like multi-touch, get it:p

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I just got it today and have been playing around with it for several hours. I'm finding that it gives you much more control with small hand movements. I actually like it. Much more so than I thought I would. Also easier to use than the pad on my Macbook Pro simply because its bigger.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I love it. I replaced my MacBook with a Mac mini. After using the large trackpad with gestures on my MacBook, I hated using the magic mouse. Now that I have the magic trackpad, I love using the mac mini. Multitouch gestures are just awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.