Magic Trackpad Problems Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sytrusze, Aug 22, 2011.

1. sytrusze macrumors member

Dear members,

just bought the magic trackpad but the only thing i can do with it is LEFT click. That's it...So no scrolling with 2 fingers, no right click etc.
    In my trackpad settings in the system preferences this is all i see. Where are the other functions like tap to click etc?

See Screenshot

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Did you perform a software update on your Mac after connecting the Magic Trackpad?

3. sytrusze thread starter macrumors member

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

Hmm... Have you tried an SMC/PRAM reset? Are there other Macs with which you can try the Magic Trackpad?

5. sytrusze, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011

sytrusze thread starter macrumors member

Just tried that out. Did not work.

Also tested the trackpad with my Macbook Pro, it works fine.
    My iMac just shows me these different settings :S while i have the same OS version on both my iMac and MBP

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

Do you have anything installed that might be interfering with it? USB Overdrive? Anything of the sort?

7. sytrusze thread starter macrumors member

Actually, i do have usb overdrive installed but since i can't right click with my trackpad i can't remove it :p let me try connecting my old mouse again

----------

Deleted and restarted, but i had no effect unfortunately

8. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

My new trackpad sometimes sticks on a left click. I don't realize it until I try to to perform a multitouch gesture. Could that also be happenin with you?

9. skorpien macrumors 68020

Sorry to hear... The only suggestion I have left is to delete the Bluetooth plist file and restart. Not sure if that'll work though. Other than that, you may want to contact AppleCare. I know the iMac is a pain to lug around, but it may come down to contact an Apple Store and making a Genius Bar appointment.

10. sytrusze thread starter macrumors member

@NicoleRichie: Nope that's not the case. The main problem is, that the SETTINGS are completely different :S same thing goes for my Magic Mouse. When i open the trackpad/mouse settings in system prefs on my macbook and imac they are completely different.

@Skorpien: I'm not going to delete the bluetooth plist. I will contact AppleCare because it driving me nuts right now. Thnx for the help though

11. sytrusze thread starter macrumors member

Okay, this is what i did.

I reinstalled USB overdrive. Restarted. Then deleted it with the Unistall software that comes with it. Restarted again and everything was back to normal.

Previously i've deleted USB overdrive from the system prefs, make sure you use the unistalling software that comes with it!

Hope this helps, thanks :)

12. Appledystopia macrumors newbie

How to fix Magic Trackpad issues.

I just wrote a how-to guide on fixing issues with the Magic Trackpad. The main thing is that when the battery gets around 50% and you have been using it for some time, it starts to wig out. There's a few things you can do. Also, setting it as a Bluetooth Favorite helps it re-connect faster when it loses its connection or you need to toggle the power (to stop it from wigging out).