Magic Trackpad problems - Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RickyB, Feb 24, 2013.

1. RickyB macrumors regular

Hi,

I have just bought a second hand magic trackpad to use with my Mid 2007 Mac Mini, running 10.7.5.

If I go to the Trackpad preference pane, a messsage appears with "Pairing Request from ******* *******'s trackpad". If I accept this, the pref pane now displays "No trackpad found" and "Searching..."

The trackpad works, however, but only basic functionality - left-clicking and mouse movement. No secondary click and no multi-touch.

I did have USB Overdrive installed a few years ago, but I did delete it. The "uninstall USB overdrive" application in the utilities folder reports that it is already uninstalled.

I also deleted the usb overdrive plist, and several bluetooth plist files, but to no avail.

The strange thing is that I have now used the Bluetooth pref pane to rename the trackpad to "the Trackpad". Now if I delete and re-pair the trackpad, I still get "Pairing Request from ******* *******'s trackpad", but in the Bluetooth prefpane the name listed on the left is "the Trackpad", but on the right where the information is listed, "******* *******'s trackpad" is still listed.

Any ideas? Please help!

2. RickyB thread starter macrumors regular

To answer my own question - installing the latest (3.0.2) version of USB Overdrive fixed the problem. Obviously something was left over from the previous version.