Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingKen1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
I just added a Magic Trackpad to my mini...and all I can say is, that's the way a Mac is supposed to be controlled. It turns a Mac desktop into the best user experience in the world. :apple::D:apple:

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I completely agree. I got a Magic Trackpad to use for controlling my mini from the couch when needed, and I liked it so much I'm using it as my primary input device and got another to use at work.

KingKen1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Oh I'm an IT my carpel tunnel has been creeping up on me for quite some time. Yeah it is hard to believe it came out 5 years ago, I remember when it first came out.....and to think I didn't get one until a week ago. Shame on me..haha :apple::D:apple:

Celerondon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2013
Southern Cal
Glass & Aluminum Goodness!

The smooth scrolling is my favorite.

Yeah, the scrolling is intuitive and effortless. I planned to plug a mouse into my mini but...

It somehow never seemed necessary.

While I found that the Magic Trackpad worked better than a mouse for many tasks, it surprisingly also beat a touchscreen in important ways. Because trackpad use does not obscure the cursor zone as you work it tends to be more accurate than the other popular touch based interface. Apple's Multi-Touch Gestures are fantastic. Anyone who uses Mac OS X without trying this control feature is skipping a major part of the experience.

My preference for the Magic Trackpad is natural and yet ironic. For years my favored alternate pointing device was the Kensington Trackball. Although it is ball based like the original mice, using the Kensington device is similar to using the Magic Trackpad. I however, never liked trackpads. The tiny trackpads on most laptops that I used suffered from low resolution and fat finger errors. Now this Apple pointing device works like magic!

b3av3r

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2012
Louisiana
It blows my mind how amazing, intuitive, and smooth the trackpad can be while the magic mouse can be such a horrible input device.

I really can't believe how much time I spent at the computer without knowing about the trackpad. It makes me wish I had switched to apple a long time ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.