Magic Trackpad Rocks!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by KingKen1986, Sep 21, 2014.

1. KingKen1986 macrumors regular

KingKen1986

I just added a Magic Trackpad to my mini...and all I can say is, that's the way a Mac is supposed to be controlled. It turns a Mac desktop into the best user experience in the world. :apple::D:apple:

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah it's a nice device. The smooth scrolling is my favorite. Can't believe it's been almost 5 years since it debut.

3. Acronyc macrumors 6502a

I completely agree. I got a Magic Trackpad to use for controlling my mini from the couch when needed, and I liked it so much I'm using it as my primary input device and got another to use at work.

4. yukyuklee macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

lol glad you love it just as much as I do!! I think the Magic mouse is complete garbage though

5. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

6. yukyuklee macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

Already starting to happen sadly... Lol

7. gochi macrumors 6502

what do you mean carlen tunnel?

health hazard?

8. KingKen1986 thread starter macrumors regular

KingKen1986

Oh I'm an IT my carpel tunnel has been creeping up on me for quite some time. Yeah it is hard to believe it came out 5 years ago, I remember when it first came out.....and to think I didn't get one until a week ago. Shame on me..haha :apple::D:apple:

9. yukyuklee macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

Sorry to go off topic but since were talking about carpal tunnel has anyone went for surgery to try to fix this?

10. Celerondon macrumors 6502a

Celerondon

Glass & Aluminum Goodness!

Yeah, the scrolling is intuitive and effortless. I planned to plug a mouse into my mini but...

It somehow never seemed necessary.

While I found that the Magic Trackpad worked better than a mouse for many tasks, it surprisingly also beat a touchscreen in important ways. Because trackpad use does not obscure the cursor zone as you work it tends to be more accurate than the other popular touch based interface. Apple's Multi-Touch Gestures are fantastic. Anyone who uses Mac OS X without trying this control feature is skipping a major part of the experience.

My preference for the Magic Trackpad is natural and yet ironic. For years my favored alternate pointing device was the Kensington Trackball. Although it is ball based like the original mice, using the Kensington device is similar to using the Magic Trackpad. I however, never liked trackpads. The tiny trackpads on most laptops that I used suffered from low resolution and fat finger errors. Now this Apple pointing device works like magic!

11. b3av3r macrumors regular

b3av3r

It blows my mind how amazing, intuitive, and smooth the trackpad can be while the magic mouse can be such a horrible input device.

I really can't believe how much time I spent at the computer without knowing about the trackpad. It makes me wish I had switched to apple a long time ago.

12. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I love mine! Just be careful of the glass top. I've broken a couple that I use for travel.