Magic Trackpad Skipping w/ 2006 Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by adam-green, Jan 5, 2012.

1. adam-green macrumors newbie

Hi folks! I guess the title of this thread kind of sums it up. I'm using a white Macbook from 2006 and running Snow Leopard. I just got the Magic Trackpad and Bluetooth keyboard and have hooked the notebook up to an Asus widescreen monitor.

The keyboard is working ok, but the trackpad skips – all the time! It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm running a bunch of programs or not. It is just skipping for no apparent reason. Time Machine is not running when it skips. Do I need to turn the laptop a certain way to somehow improve the bluetooth signal to the trackpad? What would you suggest?

It's almost unusable the way it is. Today, I unhooked everything in frustration and am pecking away at the laptop as per usual.

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think you would get better responses of this was moved into the Mac peripherals section. I would also suggest calling apple