Magic Trackpad Unboxing and Demo

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Wow, I definitely didn't know they came out with this! Thanks for sharing!

It would be great for my mac pro, but I already have too many peripherals for it, logitech trackball, logitech mx100 (i think), wacom tablet..

I wish the wacom tablets had multi gesture and can be used as a trackpad..

Anyway, I'll definitely give this a try, since I still get pain in my hands/wrist despite using a ergonomic mouse and a trackball.

I've never had hand/wrist pain while using my MBP's trackpad, which could be hours at a time.

DetroitBORG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester Hills, MI
I'm loving it so far, but I find I still need a mouse for tedious editing work like Photoshop and iMovie. However, for most day-to-day tasks, I prefer this over the Magic Mouse.

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
I have a cintiq 21ux, can't decide whether this is worth getting. It's a case of I want one, but do I need one? :) I think it's called the Apple curse :D

Wee Beastie

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
In the snow with Rosebud
I'm loving it so far, but I find I still need a mouse for tedious editing work like Photoshop and iMovie. However, for most day-to-day tasks, I prefer this over the Magic Mouse.
Interesting...I was wondering if this would incorporate well into my design workflow. Why don't you like it for those tasks? Do you just find you can't achieve the precision and control that you can with a mouse? Or is it more that you have firmly ingrained habits established with those programs?

Just curious....even if I get the trackpad, I'm sure I will be keeping my logitech mouse within reach just in case. Thanks for the great vid btw!