Magic TrackPad with a 27" iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by richpjr, Nov 13, 2010.

1. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I have a 27" iMac on the way and was wonder how well the Trackpad works on such a large screen. I read a few things online saying it doesn't work well with large screens and to avoid it, or use it and a mouse. What do you with 27" iMac users use? How does it work?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

I bought the trackpad at the same time as my 27" iMac, I used the magic mouse for about 10 minutes on the first day. Since then I've only used the trackpad.
    I find it much easier than a mouse for such a large screen.

3. teidon macrumors 6502

teidon

I have 27" iMac and the Trackpad and I also find it to work well. I find it a little slower to use than normal mouse, but maybe that's my inexperience with it - haven't used it very long yet. The multi-touch gestures are nice though.

And a minor tip for those buying iMac + Magic Trackpad from Apple Online Store: if you customize the iMac to include the Trackpad and the Apple Charger, you get 8 batteries instead of the normal 6. Not much, but still.

4. Jeff3f macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I use both. I'm used to my macbook's trackpad, and while sometimes a mouse is faster, I don't have to think to do stuff (expose) with the magic trackpad. I keep the trackpad left of the keyboard, mouse to the right. I like it lots.

5. SSWilson macrumors newbie

I have been using the Magic Trackpad with my 27" for several weeks and really like it. The only time I use the mouse now is when I play a game. One thing, you will most likely want to adjust the tracking speed up in system properties otherwise it will be slow.

6. richpjr thread starter macrumors 68030

richpjr

Well, that's good to hear. I guess I'll be picking one up.

7. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

I think you'll be happy with it.

I use my Trackpad almost exclusively with the 27" screen, only rarely deciding to use the Magic Mouse to do something in particular.