Magic Trackpad with Force Touch?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Fez Vrasta, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Fez Vrasta macrumors member

Fez Vrasta

Hey guys, I was wondering where and if we'll get the Force Touch technology inside the Magic Trackpad.

Do you have any info about it?

I just hope it will not cost 200 $ this new toy!

2. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

My guess is we'll get it once every other notebook they make has it, too.
    Then, at the next iMac update, it will be an extra...

3. Fez Vrasta thread starter macrumors member

Fez Vrasta

I think it will be something awesome, I could finally get rid of my stupid and horrible Trust graphic tablet (It's really ugly) and use the Force Touch with some of those new stylus used to transform the Force Touch in a graphic tablet!

But if what you say is real, we'll have to wait a long time :(

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Next iMac update in the fall at the soonest. By then the 15" rMBP will have it as well.

5. ilikewhey macrumors 6502

6. Fez Vrasta thread starter macrumors member

Fez Vrasta

I'd buy it even if wireless, I never had problems with wireless devices.

7. unwyse macrumors newbie

I'm seriously looking forward to the day this comes out (if at all). As a longtime Windows and former Chrome OS evangelist, I've always preferred using a mouse to a trackpad, but I find myself reaching for my MacBook's trackpad more and more often now, despite the presence of my Performance MX mouse directly beside it.

8. Fez Vrasta thread starter macrumors member

Fez Vrasta

I've a Performance MX mouse as well and I do prefer the rMBP trackpad most of the times! I use the mouse only if I need to work on Photoshop or with programs that need to drag lot of stuff around.

9. JamonBull macrumors regular

JamonBull

I can't see Apple making a battery powered magic trackpad with the taptic feedback engine inside of it for the same reasons we don't have a wireless keyboard with backlit keys. It would probably drain too much battery power. I am hoping though for wired versions of these products for the next iMac's (which I'm personally going to be buying one of). Crossing fingers for this September/October!

10. kick26, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015

kick26 macrumors newbie

kick26

A battery powered one with tactile feedback might drain pretty quickly, unless they used that new laying battery tech they used in the new macbook to make the magic track pad into a more solid wedge rather than the square attached on one side to a cylinder that it is now.

Oh, and I have tried using newer mice with 6 buttons but I find myself going back to the track pad because of the multitouch gestures. The gestures just make navigating between applications, windows, and desktops some much faster.