Magic Trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Joshuarocks, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

Hello,

I have a Mac running 10.5.8 and was wondering if there is a way to hack the magic trackpad to work under Leopard? My Mac Pro has Snow Leopard on it, but I wanted to experiment and test to see if the magic trackpad would work under Leopard.

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

There is no way right now. If you have an Intel Mac (any Mac released since 2006), you could just install Snow Leopard on that Mac with 10.5.8.

3. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

He wants to get the Magic Trackpad working with a PowerPC Mac under 10.5.8 (*you can't run Snow Leopard on a PowerPC Mac), so I don't think there is any way you could do it. There are some 3rd parties working on Bluetooth drivers, specifically to add additional functionality to the Magic Mouse, you might want to check out 3rd party developers and see if you can find a driver that will work with the Magic Trackpad under 10.5.8 on PowerPC. I am sure there are other PowerPC users that would like to use the Magic Trackpad as well, so solutions and hacks should be in the works.

4. simsaladimbamba

I didn't get that from the original post, meaning I couldn't read the use of a PPC Mac from that OP. As the first Intel Macs were delivered with 10.4.4 (Tiger) I assumed, the OP might be talking about an Intel Mac and therefore added the part about having an Intel Mac and installing 10.6 onto it in order to use the MT.